Bay Lakes at Granada Homeowners Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 690284 Orlando, FL 32896-0284 | Phone: 321.430.8580 Fax: 407.876.7990
As we move into 2016, one of the main goals of the Bay Lakes HOA Board of Directors is to partner with the homeowners to raise the overall appearance level of the neighborhood and ensure we are keeping up with our sister communities in the Dr. Phillips area. By doing this, we will ensure our property values continue to keep pace with the rest of the local market and that we remain a desirable community for people looking to move into the area.
To help in raising the appearance level, we have restarted the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) whose function is to ensure the individual property owners maintain their homes to the levels outlined in the HOA Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions and further defined in the Bay Lakes HOA Policies and Procedures. Both of these documents can be found on the Bay Lakes HOA web site at the following address:
Common items the ARC will be looking for include, but are not limited to the following:
- Boats, RVs, Vehicles or Trailers stored or parked in the driveway or front yard
- Garbage cans or other items stored in view from the street
- Faded paint or rotten wood on the house or trim
- Fencing that needs cleaned, repaired or replaced
- Fencing that is missing around AC units or pool pumps in view from the street
- Roofs that need cleaned, repaired or replaced
- Trees trimmed to a minimum clearance of 10 feet above the sidewalk
- Bushes trimmed to an even height and not blocking the sidewalk
- Grass cut to a consistent height (4-5 inches) and no bare areas or visible weeds in the lawn
- Flower beds that need mulched or weeded
- Sidewalks, driveways and curbs that need edged
- Sidewalks and driveways that are stained or discolored and need cleaned
- Mailboxes that need cleaned or straightened
- Basketball hoops that need repaired or are no longer in use and need to be removed
The committee will begin their preliminary audit of the neighborhood soon but notices of violations will not be issued until March, with the hope being a number of the easy to address items can be corrected prior to then. We are aware that some of the larger and more expensive items will take longer to complete and are willing to partner with you to develop a plan and timeline for completion.
Along the same lines, please remember that all projects that impact the exterior of the homes are required to have ARC approval prior to commencing. The Request for Architectural Approval can also be found on the Bay Lakes HOA website at the above web address. Completed forms can be submitted via email to email@example.com or mailed to Bay Lakes HOA, P.O. Box 690284, Orlando, FL 32869. Responses will be given within 30 days although most often can be completed much quicker depending on the scope of the project.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss specific issues regarding your home, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your cooperation on this initiative which is vital for the ongoing health of our neighborhood.
Your Bay Lakes HOA Volunteer Board